Since 2000, Complete Works has been an important creative component of the Victorian English and Arts curriculum, developing and touring live theatre for secondary students.
Complete Works is committed to promoting and enhancing the education and cultural development of young people by learning through the arts. The art of storytelling and fostering a love of language is what we do.
We continue to build and strengthen creative partnerships with school communities and education organisations, local communities and other arts groups to ensure the arts is an integral part of young people's lives. By bringing great theatrical works to young people, we want to help them think imaginatively, critically and laterally and provide opportunities to deepen understanding of societal values, relationships, and their own self and the big ideas of life.
- Create challenging and artistically excellent work - students and teachers who participate in our programs are engaged, enriched and challenged by the experience.
- Provide opportunities to learn - students and teachers who participate in our program develop creative and critical skills sets.
- Provide leadership in the sector - develop and promote its role within the Victorian education system as an innovator in its field and a premier arts company.
- Access - improve the opportunities for all sections of metropolitan, regional and rural Victorian school communities to engage in and participate in our programs.
- Support and Collaboration - increase support from funding bodies and sponsors for the development of new works within the school program; strengthen and consolidate links with other arts organisations and bodies.
- Ensemble - improve opportunities for arts practitioners to develop and present new works for both school and main-stage programs.